My sister-in-law Emily IM'd me yesterday and said that the "image" of the baby in the widget was "freaking her out" or something like that. I hadn't really looked at it much when I first posted it. Probably in a hurry to get my millionth snack of the day. But when I went back and took a look last night,
Whoa.
I had forgotten about how interesting a baby looks at this stage. Ironically I got a Baby Center update for 7 weeks pregnant last night. It said something about the tail that my baby has. A tail?! I know, I know, it is the precursor to the tailbone and is just considered a tail in this stage of development. And the arm buds and gill-like features-so cute?!
I guess it just made me stop and realize how INCREDIBLE this experience is. All 10 months of it. All the nausea, the headaches, the food aversions + cravings, the expanding EVERYTHING, the sleeplessness, the tiredness (bc of course they occur together!) and on and on. That from such a tiny cell comes a human being. A human being that has eyes and ears and a beating heart already! At seven weeks! Amazing.
I'm honestly having a rough time right now, nausea is in full force, but I know there is such a WONDERFUL end to it all, and it's only what...200 and sum odd days until it's over...argh. :)
God is sooooooooo good. And we are so thankful for this little life growing in my belly-tail and all!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
is this TWO in TWO DAYS? whoa. slow down.
AND i agree with emily. it is a little on the creepy side - the tail, the gills, etc. but it is totally incredible that even it came from NOTHING, and that in a few short (well, not short to you, mabye) months it grows into an 8lb baby with fingers and toes and everything. amazing.
but sorry about the nausea. bought any eggo waffles lately?
you always have the newest and coolest thing for your blog!! i had to add a box of my own! we are down to the double digits! YIKES!!!
sending you all lots of love. . . i know how hard it is to be sick AND take care of a little one!
Post a Comment