Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Funday!

As mentioned in my last post we were scheduled to take a trip to Robinette's for cider and doughnuts last weekend but as we are finding out, having a baby makes keeping to a social schedule quite a bit more difficult. When you have short windows of time between naps and scheduled eating times activities have to be planned out very well. We have to know in advance when a place opens and closes, we have to know the most direct route to get there as to avoid traffic jams and/or construction, the diaper bag must be packed and ready, shoes and coats to be coordinated with one's outfit must be chosen ahead of time and be laid out and ready to go...so that once baby is fed and diaper is checked we can literally FLY out of the door and be on our way to our destination thus optimizing the amount of time we have to do said activity.

But alas, we usually have to run back into the house for one thing or another as the diaper bag was not packed and ready to go and we probably have a poopy diaper by now...even though we just checked it!!! Ah, the joys of our new life with a baby. And Pete thought it was tough to just get me out of the door on time! Now I have another being to get ready...many times now I am worried more about what I am wearing ON my clothes, i.e. baby food, spit up, or snot!, than making sure I am coordinated head to toe. Ah, how priorities change.

So not sure what happened last weekend, but those short windows of time are well, short and we probably were just not organized enough to get around to it. But today we rushed home from early church, had lunch, did a quick clothing change, and we were off!

We made it to Robinette's this afternoon and it was a gorgeous outside. We walked around a bit in the orchard and then had some doughnuts and cider in the barn. MMMM...I dont know why their doughnuts are soooo good, but I managed to polish off two-hey, they are bite size!!

And now...here is the apple of our eye!






1 comment:

L-Town Rollers said...

Gosh I miss Robinette's!!

True story, I used to "park" in the orchard. Till we got caught by a hay ride.

WooHoo!