Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Peas anyone??



I spent the entire afternoon making baby food. I made peas, green beans, prunes, prunes w/apples, mango, and pears. Why, you ask? It is SUPER easy, much more affordable, and I like knowing that Grayson is eating something homemade. Not that he hasnt ever eaten Gerber baby food, because he has, just that if I have the time and all, why not?

It is also something that I would love to do for a side business. As I steamed, and cooked, and pureed, and bottled, and capped, and labeled I kept thinking about how easy it would be to do and something that I already enjoy doing and would be for a good cause...feeding babies fresh and nutritious food.

I dont have a clue how to go about it, so if anyone that actually reads this blog knows anything about starting a side business...let me know. I'm always looking for something else to do and I know a few others that would love to do something else for their jobs too...I have an accountant already lined up, a marketing person, and a manager/logistics person.

Anyways, thats all for today. I just love thinking of things like this to do...not sure how they would ever work but I'd love to do it.

7 comments:

L-Town Rollers said...

Didn't your husband start a side business? I'm just sayin'.

Anyway, rent Baby Boom (1987)with Diane Keaton...she did the same thing.

And if you're real serious, that sort of thing is one of the many things a Chamber Director does...now if you only knew a Chamber Director.

the buurstra's said...

Ya, you're right! He did...what was I thinking?!

That movie is on TBS like every other weekend...I've seen bits and pieces while folding clothes but I'll have to sit down and watch more closely...I thought it had something to do w/ my idea! I just laugh at the 80's/early 90's clothes...gotta love those shoulder pads!

Reeeealllly? That is what you do? Tell me more...

L-Town Rollers said...

You need a business plan first. Kurt can help you there. Once you do that go here: www.mbda.gov they have a lot of resources for minority owned businesses.

Yes you are a minority, you're female. Plus the state of Michigan would have even more, I know Kansas' but not Michigan's.

the buurstra's said...

I was gonna say...just cuz we live on the SE side doesnt mean...well, you know. :)

Thanks for the info...I'll have to check into it. Not sure if it is just a pipe dream or if it could be reality but never hurts to explore!

L-Town Rollers said...

That sucks about your mom, we'll miss you Tuesday. I suppose that means we won't see Grayson either.

Erika said...

Julie, go for it. I bet a lot of mothers would prefer to buy home-made baby food then processed. What about throwing a party for moms and selling a few jars that way, just to see if people are interested? Since moms have such an easy time going to parties when they have babies :)
God bless your efforts, my friend. We miss you guys too!

Jessica Brown said...

Julie,

We LOVE our Corolla. Haven't had any problems with it thus far, with the exception of the flat tire. Gets great gas mileage, holds its value well, and seems solid to drive. We already have almost 40,000 miles on it and haven't had any issues. It is a little more expensive than other cars in its class, but it was worth it to us - we really like Toyotas in general and will probably buy another one once Josh is out of school.

THere is your sales pitch!