Monday, October 29, 2007

(anything but) mundane Monday


November is quickly approaching and I'm stuck thinking it is the middle of October. I cant get used to it being cold outside on the mornings I leave for work. Pretty soon Grayson will have to be bundled up in his XL snowsuit when he goes to day care...I can hear him protesting already! Here is a cute pic of us on a walk a few nights ago...it was SUPER chilly out so we thought we'd try out the snowsuit. He loved it but I had to wrangle him into it.

Grayson also graduated to the "big" bathtub and LOVES it...at first he was timid and just sat there but by bath #2 he was splashing and having a ball.

We spent this past weekend up north at Walloon Lake again, minus the Macaulay's but add the (in-law) Buurstra's. We relaxed a lot on Saturday, played some games, and explored Petoskey a bit on Sunday. The fall foliage was absolutely beautiful and it was fun to get away. Here are some pics:
















Only bad thing about the weekend was the call from MN that my Mom had fallen Friday night after a dinner out with friends and "broke her hip". She actually shattered the ball of her femur which is a VERY serious break-especially for someone as young as she is. She had surgery on Saturday and came through very well and is scheduled to go home tomorrow. She will out of work for 6 weeks and will undergo some physical therapy. She will also be taking her calcium supplements now, as well as a prescription drug for low bone density. Lesson of the day LADIES...drink your milk, or take a supplement, lift some weights, or whatever you need to do but keep those bones strong! Please pray for a speedy recovery for her!

That's about it for now...we were looking at a very busy week with family coming into town for Grayson's dedication on Sunday but considering recent events have postponed the dedication and can now breathe a slight sigh of relief that we will not be crazy busy getting our house ready and food made, etc. etc. Although we will miss seeing Nana and Papa and Uncle Peter and are sad that we have to wait on Grayson's dedication, everything happens for a reason and we are thankful that Nana's fall wasnt worse. And we'll see everyone soon at Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Julie, I love the pictures you post. You make me miss Mi, I love the fall!!! Grayson looks like such a happy and content baby. I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Jessica Brown said...

I love the new pictures... G is such a cute boy.