I am not trying to cover up a first post by my husband...please check it out below. He agonized over it for like, at least an hour or so, last night. Then in a strange turn of events had a really tough time positioning the pictures, hm...shouldnt have been so culky (yes, that is the way I pronounce it) when I was having a tough time. Direct quote from Pete: "How hard can it be?" Well, there you go. You found out for yourself just how challenging it is...but you did a great job and everyone will love that you have joined the blogosphere. Everyone that actually reads our blog and updates theirs ONCE IN A WHILE...Jeff and Sarah...WHERE DID YOU GO???
Grayson just turned 3 months on July 5. He is doing so well...growing taller, I know because I had to turn the knob on his car seat so the straps didnt dig into his shoulders anymore...ya, just realized that one this morning (sorry buddy, Mommy loves you!!). He has "thunder thighs" now, his ankles are slowly turning into cankles (for those that dont know...when your calves disappear into your ankles because of the generous amounts of extra tissue) and we are having a farewell party for his wrists as well. But I couldnt be happier to see my little scrawny baby turn into Chunk...as he will now be so affectionately known as. That means I am doing something right! And I have some making up to do in that department, I mean with all that hitting his head on door frames and the car seat handle and whatnot.
As Pete mentioned he started daycare last week at Appletree Christian Learning Center. He seems to enjoy his days with Miss Laura-his new girlfriend. :) Now, we dont want to see a throwdown between Natalie and Miss Laura because we know who would win...Natalie, a.k.a. "tank". She is his number one but this would be the opportune time for him to have a lady on the side, seems that society frowns upon that the older you are. I dont know what happens there but he is already sleeping in his crib on his own. Today he has actually gone down for his naps in his crib, which for all of you close to the little guy know that he likes to be cuddled by his Mommy to go to sleep. He would be having none of that today. I dont know if it is a conspiracy or just him growing up a bit. Either way it is kinda tough. I'll admit it, I am a bit sad. It is one of those bittersweet moments as a Mom...you want them to grow up and gain independence but you dont ever want them to stop needing you. He doesnt need me quite as much today and deep down inside, wherever that cavern is-somewhere between my ribs and my extra layer of baby fat-is aching. I know it is a small thing, but this is where it starts. Soon he'll be holding onto my fingers and taking steps around the living room and all of a sudden he'll let go and wont fall and wont need my help with that anymore either. But heck, by then there may be another little one screaming for me in the next room. Wipe those tears-there is always someone who needs me to do something for them. If it isnt a baby, Pete still lives here, right?
I have adjusted to work again, and shhhh....dont tell anyone but I dont mind it as much as I thought. Those first few days were rough, I cried several tears on my way to work and after I got there for my little bean. But once I pulled up the webcam and checked it every 2 1/2 minutes I was doing better. It is a really cool aspect of Appletree, they let you be a voyeur into your child's day. And I love it. It helps to just see him playing on the floor or swinging-completely calms my overprotective and somewhat psychotic tendencies. Because if I couldnt see him you know he would be on a rickety bus on his way to Mexico a minute after I dropped him off. Yes, I'm looking into meds. :) I really love the days I am home with him, just as Kara said she did when she returned to work. Man, I love the fact that we let them be the guinea pigs with this whole "having a kid" thing. Completely unintentional but such a good move on our part. :)
Well, I've rambled on enough for everyone I'm sure. I just decided that I needed to make more entries more often. I like how Jess shares her thoughts and such fairly often and I figure that I never did the "dear diary" thing when I was young, so why not now. I have more time on my hands and a better sense of humor. At least I hope so. I wanted to also share that I have started reading again, and for those of you that know me well that is an incredible accomplishment! and I am really enjoying it. I started Velvet Elvis a few days ago and just cant seem to put it down. I really enjoy the ideas presented there and have some quotes to share in a day or two that I feel are very poignant. Pick all of yourselves up off the floor now, I know I should have warned you before I dropped such a bomb like that. Julie-reading???? Did pigs learn how to fly? Did Hell freeze over? Did Jeff update his blog? Nope. None of the above, just a feeling like I watch enough brain-sucking TV to kill a moose and my son is watching every move I make. I need to set a good example people, and I dont think Sex and the City is a good one.
I need to go do some Mommy-type things. Have I ever told you how much I like being a Mommy?? Check out the pics of our son-isnt he just the cutest thing since sliced bread?



2 comments:
awww... i'm glad that you like it when i share my thoughts! honestly, i'm slightly surprised that people read that thing! I think this is a good way to keep up on what is going on with each other! We just need to get Erika on and get Kara to post a little more often. Glad to hear that work/daycare is going pretty well so far! See you tomorrow!
oh, and i'm excited to about what you're reading! let me know if you need any new ammo... :). you know where to come!
Post a Comment