Monday, July 9, 2007


Well today (and by today I mean almost two weeks ago when I (being Pete) was supposed to write this), I got to be Mr. Mom, or as Julie would say, Mrs. Dad for half a day while Julie was at work for her first day back. I found out that being a stay at home Mom/Dad involved very little staying at home. First I had to go pick him up at Julie's aunt's house where he spent the morning. Then it was off to his future Day care to drop off some paperwork, and then to the grocery store (2 of them) and then home 20 minutes before Julie made it home at 5.

Another first was that Grayson discovered that he could roll over. Almost simultaneously, he also discovered that he hates rolling over! His cruel parents however, think it's great. We find it pretty funny seeing him with one arm trapped under his body squealing like a stuck pig. (see the picture somewhere below of he and his Dad in the pool for an example of what he would look like if Mom and Dad were a little quicker with the camera and actually captured a few of his big moments). If it's possible, he looks even cuter when he is pissd off and pouting. He has also taken to standing (with a little help from Mom and/or Dad - again see the picture here for a visual). This he likes significantly more than his other trick.

Well, that is going to do it for my first post. It was frustrating, and most likely isn't very good (I may have overused the parenthesis). Julie tells me the pictures don't go with what I talk about, I spelled words wrong, etc. I vow to get better (or just give up and let the wife do it like RT).

1 comment:

Jessica Brown said...

Very nice entry, Pete!