It is hard to believe that we are in the home stretch, technically 2 more weeks to go but I guess baby could arrive at any time. I am dilated to 2 which is good progress considering I havent had any contractions. My doctor is on call this weekend, but having the baby that soon is only wishful thinking I do believe...
We are both a bit anxious now with the realization of having a baby in the next 2 weeks...when it was so far off it was easier to swallow. Now it is just so darn exciting but nerve-wracking at the same time. But I am ready to be done being pregnant and to meet our little one!
We'll keep everyone posted by phone or email as to our progress and imminent arrival...til then...pray for a quick and easy delivery for us!! :)
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That nervousness you feel now is nothing compared to the gut-wrenching realization you come to when your family leaves from helping you get back on your feet and it is just you, the mop top boy who knocked you up, and little peanut sitting in a house that suddenly feels so big because you feel so small and unworthy to be holding such perfection in yours hands.
You are responsible for this life.
YOU, whose Cheer’s escapades will go unmentioned here. You, whose husband’s love of Johnny Cash karaoke, is only superseded by his adoration of you. You, who throws parties that the cops show up to, have been given the responsibility to raise a child.
I know I know, “this isn’t making me feel much better, thanks Jeff”. The good news is that the feeling doesn’t last very long, even shorter when you realize that God gave this responsibility to you and he wouldn’t have given it to you if you couldn’t handle it.
You can handle it and will do so masterfully.
Hey, if I can be a stay at home dad you have nothing to worry about. We’re talking about a guy who was looking into boarding schools for infants…when I realized they had such things and they are called orphanages I knew I would have to suck it up and figure this thing out as I go.
Not that it has matured me any. I have been known to place Gabe behind his steering wheel contraption so he can “drive the boat” as I play Rapala Fishing on the ol’ PlayStation2. So go easy on Pete if he doesn’t cut his hair and start wearing suits, because having a baby doesn’t change who you are (i.e. Kurt…2 sons later and the only change is he drinks Labatt instead of Red Dog…and still gets carded), but it does make you watch what you say…I’m looking at you Kara Telman…potty mouth.
Post a Comment