Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm drooling just reading the recipe! And going up a pant size too!

Has anyone else received the email about the famed "Neiman Marcus cookie" fiasco? I did the other day and thought it was interesting if true. The Cliff Notes version is that this woman was duped into purchasing the recipe for their delicious cookies at the famously expensive department store for $250. And according to her that is $247.50 more than what she was told she was paying for it. She tried to get her money back to no avail with the prominent retailer.

The lady encourages anyone and everyone to spread the word about the recipe in an attempt to at least "get even" with NM. While I don't know if it is even a true story I don't need an excuse to make cookies, do you?

I'll be trying these one day soon. I may wait until it is a bit cooler outside. I grew up not eating much out of the oven between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Just too darn hot to cook with this time a year! Although I don't think I'll be able to wait until September...the next cool rainy day we have will be a great time!

If anyone gives them a whirl, let me know what you think!


NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES :
(Recipe may be halved)

2 cups butter

24 oz. Chocolate chips

4 cups flour

2 cups brown sugar

2 tsp. Soda

1 tsp. Salt

2 cups sugar

1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)

5 cups blended oatmeal

4 eggs

2 tsp. Baking powder

2 tsp. Vanilla

3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder.
Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar, and nuts.
Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Makes 112 cookies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend, Heather, made them the other day and she brought me one! They were GREAT! You'll love them!
ENJOY! :) Kara P.

Erika said...

I looked up the story on snopes.com, an urban legend reference page, and they said it's not true and has actually been around for 50 years with the 'bad guy' changing. So, I wonder where the recipe really came from :) Glad to hear that they're good, though.