Ever feel like your life has a soundtrack? At certain times in life you can just pick a song that you know almost by heart that just completely fits your current situation, as if the song was written specifically for you?
Today ours would be Ironic, by Alanis Morrisette.
Why?
This house.
We would really like to move. We like our house well enough but with a growing family on the horizon, and all the decisions that entails, we wouldn't mind moving into our "for a long time" house. We'll grow into this house a lot slower than we did this one. And I'm anxious for a new design challenge as I'm running out of options here and Pete has put his size 14 foot down to any more projects around here. And you know what else? I'd love some space. Lots of space actually between me and the next house.
I thought city living was for me and my family. Because that's how I grew up. But you know what? I'd love some space. Lots of space right about now.
Well, that house up there? On the link? THAT IS OUR DREAM HOUSE. Love EVERYTHING about it. (Except for that weird room in the basement. What the heck?) Love the SPACE that 6.9 acres would give us. It has everything we want and more. (Including MANY MANY MANY design challenges!)
LOVE LOVE LOVE this house.
Can we buy it? Well, yes, if we could sell our house first. And well, ya'll know what a nightmare the housing market in GR is right now. And we'll be lucky if we get a few dollars more than what we paid almost 4 years ago. Even after all of the work we've done. Talk about de-pressing.
So, I sit here and sing:
"Isn't it ironic, dontcha think? You've found the house of your dreams, and you just can't move. A little too ironic, ya I really do think."
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
first of all, i like the house! except for the crazy room, of course. it'll just take some TLC and lots of primer. Honestly, I didn't see you guys looking for that kind of acreage! But I like it. I'd come visit.
Which reminds me... do any of those weekends I emailed you about (like 2 weeks ago) work? They're all coming up soon!
PLUS... there is this other blog I check and enjoy.. www.goodgirllit.blogspot.com and the title of THAT is the same Alanis Morisette song. How strange!
Or ironic.
Hey no worries about visiting! Sometime in St. Joe will be great.
Ooh, that house is AWESOME! I'm a "space girl" myself, and cannot WAIT until Greg and I start building a home, God willing, in the middle on no where. (or actually, in Marne, where I grew up!) Too bad the market sucks. You could always just put it "for sale by owner" and see if you get any bites! Good luck! New houses + design projects are so much fun.
Post a Comment