What wonders a good night's sleep can do! Yesterday: laying my head down on the pancakes, today: EATING the pancakes!
We have all been struggling with some form of this icky stomach virus this week, I'll spare you the gory details!, but are FINALLY on the mend I do believe. I thought we were earlier in the week bc the last time we had this, only several months ago!!!, it only lasted 24 hours. When I called the doctor yesterday, for the second time in a week, they said it can last up to 2 weeks-it just has to run it's course. Hence me laying my head down on the pancakes in all of my exhausted, unshaven, unbathed, bathrobe-ness. We had had a ROUGH night with Grayson yet I still had to take him to daycare and go to work and FUNCTION! Who knew they actually wanted you to WORK when you went to WORK?! I completely felt like bunk and was counting down the hours, minutes, and seconds until I could jump into bed and hopefully shake this life-sucking virus.
Grayson slept, well, like he usually does. Not all the way through the night, we're hoping this changes someday so he will have siblings, but I think I only heard him cry once. But I didn't budge from 11pm (we had laundry and an extremely compelling 20/20 to watch!) to 8:15am and IT WAS GLORIOUS.
Grayson is hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa today, for most of the day I think, so Pete and I can get some mega-cleaning done around our sty, I mean house, before my family comes to visit next weekend for GRAYSON'S FIRST BIRTHDAY (woo hoo!). And as I sit here sipping my coffee, blogging, and deciding where to start first I suddenly have this giddyness about me: I haven't had so much time on my hands where I didn't have to be anywhere, or mommy someone, or ANYTHING (I'm temporarily forgetting about the housework just for kicks) IN A REALLY LONG TIME. And part of me has a list running in my head about what I really should do: grocery shopping for said BIRTHDAY PARTY AND GUESTS, cleaning, laundry, etc. etc. etc. But another part of me, just has NO IDEA what to do with myself.
Ah, the life of mommyhood. I'll get around to myself ONE OF THESE DAYS. Hey, I got a haircut last weekend! That was good... :) And one day really soon, if the snow ever stops, I'll walk through those daffodils up above. And not think about cleaning or laundry! Woo hoo! I don't know if that is possible, BUT I'LL TRY!
I'm off to clean.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
YAY for Grayson's birthday! Can you believe he is such a big boy? Glad to hear you guys are feeling better.
Post a Comment