Saturday, March 22, 2008

I could have sworn it was spring...

...yet when I look out my window it looks like December. SO INCREDIBLY DEPRESSING.

Even more depressing is that I bought a new dress, may I add a short dress, to wear for Easter. Eager to don something other than wool, I couldn't wait to put on this cute cotton dress and wear my light blue spring coat with matching purse. I was going to blind everyone at Easter brunch with my white legs, because sadly they never tan no matter how hard I try, but darn it...I am sick of long pants and long sleeves and LONG WINTERS!

I am not easily discouraged though and will be wearing my dress tomorrow regardless of the snow and cold temps. I guess I will wear tights though as I don't want to a) freeze my tushy off and b)be the girl I always make fun of that wears oh let's say flip flops when there is 15 feet of snow.

Weather ramblings aside, Grayson and I visited with "the girls" yesterday, and we had loads of fun. Kelli+Joey hosted the gathering with Hugh+Jen+Ben, Sarah+Weston, Melissa+Aysah, and Cheri+Craig. Grayson decided he was obsessed with all of the little babies and wanted to kiss them...non-stop. I literally had to pull him off of them at times, he's a lover not a fighter.

Then we trekked through the snowy conditions to visit Kara+Ryan+Natalie+MICHAEL HENRY JAMES TELMAN at the hospital. He is perfect in every way and both baby and Mom are doing great. We look forward to watching him grow up into another little playmate for Grayson.

We are off this afternoon to see the butterflies at FMG. I desperately want to bring my sleeping bag and camp out in a corner of the enormous SUPER WARM and SNOW FREE greenhouse there until spring is really here FOR SURE THIS TIME. No one will notice me since they are there to see the butterflies anyhow, right?

No comments: