Friday, January 11, 2008

Grayson-9 months






Our little guy is 9 months old and is a crawling fiend. He has really gotten the hang of it in the last few days and even though he still doesnt lift his buddha belly off of the floor he can scoot around quite quickly. He was content in his 30" diameter world for only a few short days-he discovered the world around him and one day the kitchen was the height of interest for him. The cats have also realized that he moves faster now and watch him from a safe distance.

He still only has one bottom tooth but we think another one is on it's way since he has had a few rough nights the last week or so. We go for his 9 month pediatrician visit in a couple of weeks and we are anxious to see how much he weighs. He wears 12 month clothes well already. He is quite solid-give me a backache most days from picking him up and wrangling him around the house. Pete says he'll be a linebacker for sure-when I find out what that is I'll either agree or disagree with him. :)

Grayson loves his Leap Frog activity table, see pic above. He stands at it by himself for a few minutes, but cant pull himself up to it yet. Thankfully so because I havent finished babyproofing the house and my "good dishes" are still within his reach. Although we did have to lower his crib last weekend since he does gymnastics in there now-see other pic above. I came upstairs after his nap one day last week to find him sitting like a monkey with his legs hanging out just chattering away.

Hard to believe we are nearing his first birthday already. I know it isnt until April but it will be here soon-too soon for me! We visited some friends with a newborn last weekend and as we drove home Pete and I remembered back to sleeping in 2-3 hours chunks and the "newborn daze" that seems to overtake parents for at least the first 4ish months. We are glad to be out of that phase and into the next one with Grayson but at the same time-it went by TOO FAST. It just seems like yesterday that I was still HUGELY pregnant and awaiting the arrival of our little one and it seemed like it would never happen. Now we are "in talks" of future baby buurstra's and I cant hardly believe where the time has gone. Maren recently blogged about a song that moved her about kids growing up, and I can totally relate. My grandma always joked about putting books on my head to keep me from growing up too fast. Seems like everyone wants to keep kids in their youth for as long as possible. And before I had Grayson I would have fought that-dont we all want to be older when we are young and when we are older wish we were younger again?!

Anyways, enough for now. Hopefully this will get Jess off my back :) but she is right, I was slacking with my posting. I'm a work in progress...

1 comment:

Jessica Brown said...

love the new pictures. what a big boy!!!

yes - your visit. what weekends work for you?

we may be free around feb 9, or else in april. we're going to s. america in march and our weekends are pretty much shot already. april is pretty empty however. what do you think? :)