Sunday, November 18, 2007

Oh, to be thankful...

This will be a quick post for me as well, since Grayson and I leave for MN in the morning and I'm still not completely packed. I am a terrible procrastinator when it comes to packing, and especially now bc it has seemed so overwhelming to pack for myself and now my baby who needs ALL KINDS OF STUFF!!!

I am almost done though and to my surprise it hasnt been too bad. But I have noticed a stark contrast to my packing post-baby to pre-baby. Pre-baby I would have been thinking of what books I have been meaning to catch up on, made sure my iPod was charged, and packed shoes, handbags, and jewelry to coordinate with my many outfits. Well, I still have the shoes but now my "purse" is the Pottery Barn Kids carry on for Grayson and well, my iPod will be traveling with Pete on Wednesday I'm sure, and I will joyously get to listen to an adorable baby saying "dadadadada" for several hours straight while strapped into our one tiny airline seat. I pray Grayson is a happy traveler...I desperately dont want to be that Mom with the screaming child that you both pity and loathe.

If it wasnt obvious we are going to MN for Thanksgiving, and Grayson and I are going a couple of days early to hang out with my Mom who is still layed up from her hip surgery. My parents are REALLY looking forward to our visit considering they havent seen Grayson since August. Should be a good time provided we get there in one piece and with all of our luggage...I dont want to jinx it but I hear Thanksgiving is THE WORST time to fly. But on the bright side I dont know of too many people going to Duluth, MN for Thanksgiving, do you?! :)

I am so thankful this year to have a beautiful baby boy, who makes me smile through the tiredness. Just when I think he cant get any cuter, there he goes doing something new and exciting and I just want to kiss him until, well, he squirms away-which is currently what happens. I am so looking forward to the holidays so much more this year-funny how EVERYTHING takes on new life and energy when you have a little one.

I am also so thankful to have a wonderful husband. I know I dont tell him enough how much I love and appreciate him, but I do and especially now. This journey we are on is just that much more enjoyable with him.

Well, I am thankful for so much more and if I have time this week I'll post that as well. But right now I have to go feed Grayson, finish packing, and well, GET SOME SLEEP!

HAPPY THANKGIVING TO EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Have a great Thanksgiving and I pray a safe flight. Thanks for taking the time to post. Even if I don't comment a lot I do like catching up on our small group blogs!