So I feel like I have dropped the ball with posting because I havent posted for like, I dont know, a week or so. My husband kindly pointed this fact out to me, to which I replied..."are your fingers broken?" I'm pretty sure that this retort was simply because I am sleep deprived and it definitely does take a lot more sleep than I am getting to be the extra sweet wife he married. For the record, I'm getting used to less and less sleep but I have to continually remind myself: God before spouse and spouse before child. That is a lot tougher to live out than I ever thought it would be. I should take my husband's comment as a compliment-I guess he likes reading the blog and looks forward to each and every post. Is that true husby? Hopefully you are reading this right now and will send me an email or post a reply on here that says so...if not...my next post will contain "the cork story" and you know how you feel about sharing that one. :)
I'm done ranting. What have we been up to since last post? Well, Grayson tried bananas and LOVES them. I think we have found a winner. He is actually getting the concept of open wide, food in, close mouth, and swallow. And repeat. He graduated to the high chair that we pulled out of storage as well. I still cant figure out how to use the darn contraption, way too many fancy gizmos on that Chicco brand high chair! Good thing we threw away the owners manual-yep, I'm pretty sure the HIGH CHAIR came with an owners manual...or at least it should have.
Our beautiful son is doing much better with bedtime as well. He only tortures us with about 5 minutes of crying, if he even cries at all when he goes down. Depends greatly on how tired he is. Now we just need to cut out the night feeding/reassurance at 2am and we'll be good to go. I just read a new theory on that in the Parents magazine today so we'll try it out and let ya know how it goes.
Not much else new around the Buurstra household at the moment. We are gearing up for fall though as it is both Pete and my favorite season. Pete cant wait for Spartan football to start and Grayson has enough baby Spartan apparel to start a store so he'll be decked out head to toe on opening day I'm sure. I look forward to those afternoons as well when I can break out the scrapbooking stuff and get going on Grayson's baby book. I miss my scraping partner Jess who has recently moved. But at least she got me motivated to do something and I'll have to get some pics on the blog of what I have accomplished! It isnt something I thought I would get into but I really do enjoy it...when time allows of course. I'm sure my books will be a dumbed down version of the scraping greats out there but hey...gives me something to aspire to someday.
Enjoy some random pics-I vow to have more pics than I know what to do with of Grayson. There is a handful of pics of me as a baby and same for my siblings. I'm well on my way!



3 comments:
I miss my scrapbooking partner, too! Everyone here either knits or crochets! I think I'd like to come up that weekend in November but sadly Josh can't - he has a special school function that Saturday. Is it okay if just I come? And can we watch the Michigan/Michigan State game together on Saturday? i still don't know if we'll be able to let you off the hook for this fall. Our address is 3307 John Hinkle Place Bloomington, IN 47408. Love to you all!
I can hardly keep up with all of the changes to your blog. AND FYI it really is called the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles). I'll see what I can do about the amazing blue jello. Ha! Can I add vodka to blue jello? Would that make it amazing? Or I can go with MAIZE AND BLUE (meaning just plain ol pineapple and blueberry) with me. We shall see. Labor day plans? Have a fun one!
Grayson is adorable! I'll miss seeing him this first year like we did Natalie :( Glad you're getting more sleep, Julie, but it sounds like you need a little mnore :) Poor Pete, we'll be praying for you both haha, jk :) Glad you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment