Monday, November 30, 2009

A couple of months behind!




The past two months have flown by me. I glance at my calendar and see that tomorrow is December 1. My baby is 3 months old, we've moved, celebrated Thanksgiving, and are turning our attention now towards Christmas.






Saturday we ventured out in the unseasonably warm weather to cut our own tree and had a fun time decorating it, and the rest of the house, over the weekend. Our goal now will be to keep the tree vertical and with all of it's decorations intact-not an easy one with a busy toddler running amuck!






We're settling into the new house, although there are still boxes and totes to unpack. I don't have the simple luxury of a basement or designated storage area in this house so I have to be very deliberate with each and every item that gets put away. Do we ABSOLUTELY need 3 Scrabble games?? How about 15 beach towels? I ask you, WHO REALLY NEEDS 5 or 6 GINORMOUS Rubbermaid totes filled w/ cute pre-baby clothes?




Aparently I do.




Anywho. It's funny to me how quickly we feel "at home" here. We've only been in this house a little over a month but it feels like A LOT longer...even though I still don't know all of the light switches and noises yet. We love it here though and I think that is why it feels like home so quickly. We've been blessed immensely and we couldn't be more thankful.




As the Christmas season nears we are looking forward to telling Grayson the story of Jesus and hope that he starts to "get it" more this year. We look forward to celebrating in our new house and to welcoming friends and family in to celebrate with us. With today being Dec. 1 all of the festivities will be here before I even know it and gone just as quickly. Isn't that the bittersweet part of this time of year? We're hoping to make the most of every day this December-I can't wait.





1 comment:

Erika said...

Merry Christmas, Julie :) I'm glad you're enjoying the house. I can't believe Kellan is 3 mos already!!! Wow it has gone by fast! I'm glad you're enjoying your new home. Maybe one day Bryan and I will make it up there to actually visit you guys and see it :)