
What a crazy July it has been. I'm kind of glad it is over, although that also signals the wind down of the summer. And it seems like just yesterday it was cold and snowy April still and summer was so far off. Isn't it funny how time plays tricks on us like that?
We sold our house last week...in four days. The first couple that went through it, the first day it was on the market, ended up putting in an offer we weren't too disappointed with. In this market it wasn't THE BEST offer ever but close enough to what we had hoped to get so...we signed the papers and we're officially moving. Unless sometime falls through with the inspections and/or appraisal, of which we don't anticipate any issues.
So if you have extra boxes lying around your house that you've been wondering what you could do with: bring them over our way!
Thankfully we don't have to be out until the very end of September which puts my mind at ease just a little bit. We will have a crazy two months ahead of us, what with having a baby and packing up our entire life but as soon as we figure out where we will be moving to it will seem a little less crazy.
Mother's intuition tells me the baby will be here sooner rather than later. And no, we still don't have a name. In fact, I resorted to looking through the Pottery Barn catalog over the weekend for inspiration. No luck. But it will come, all in good time.
Emily and Aaron were married as well over the weekend, and they couldn't have had a more beautiful day for a wedding on the shore of Lake Michigan. I didn't take any pictures as I was chasing after a certain 2 year old that wouldn't sit still for the ceremony but trust me-it was wonderful. They are off to Mexico for their honeymoon and we look forward to having them over for a "packing party" when they return!
Sometimes it feels like our life is just a bit on the boring side and I wish that we had more excitement going on. In the last few weeks we've had a bit more excitement/activity in our lives than I'd like in that short of a time period. I'm ready for some down time, and I think that is on the horizon-somewhat. I'm thankful for everything that has gone down, including some of the more disconcerting things, but overall the buurstra clan is headed in a new direction and I'm optimistic...just ready for things to s-l-o-w down just a bit.



1 comment:
Wow, congratulations on selling the house! That was fast :) Can't wait to hear about the new place and hopefully see some pics! Glad you're all doing well.
Post a Comment