Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back in the swing of things

Back-to-school.

It was always a time of both excitement and anxiety for me. SO GLAD those days are behind me. But Grayson?! I think he'd go right now...at least to ride on the bus. He LOVES watching out the front door as the school bus drives by our house to pick up the neighborhood kids.

Even though we don't have kids in school yet it seems like the back-to-school momentum takes hold of me too and I get to putting away summer stuff (buh-bye swim suit, until next year) and pulling out favorite warm and cozy sweaters, that we need already in the evenings! I can't quite give up my flip flops yet, especially with my late summer pedi to show off, right Kara?!

Grayson is a walking fiend these days, wanting to be out on the sidewalk walkingwalkingwalking all the time. We're learning boundaries now as he would weeble wobble right out into the street. He doesn't like that he can't go into the street, and there are many times I have to haul a crying heap of boy back into the house because he's had a meltdown on the corner. Poor boy!!

I believe he's loving his new level of independence and wanders off whenever he so chooses. And quickly. He is a little stealth walker and can be upstairs in no time. Needless to say, he's keeping me on my toes.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

Awww, Julie. I love that weeble wobble walking stage. So precious.

I've started pulling out my sweaters, too. Especially at night. And, I'm so with you. Totally not ready to give up my flip flops yet, though.

Erika said...

I LOVE the fall. It's my favorite season. The leaves changing, the crisp smell, the hot apple cider, the bigger clothes.... Hmmmmm, yep, I love it :)

Glad Grayson is keeping you busy. It keeps you youthful and healthy I'm told :) I look forward to having our own little walking fiend next year :)