Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New header picture:

UPDATE #2: I think the comments left answer the question of why is the ice cream truck, see link below, so scary?! Sorry Jess, but I just can't get over this one. Maybe in other 'hoods they aren't so scary but even if the ice cream man was driving a Lexus I still would be suspicious. Getting our ice cream at Jersey Junction will have to suffice. Bummer. :)

I know I've got some 'splainin to do. What in the world is the new header picture all about?

Well, if you haven't noticed I try to incorporate a seasonal header pic, and sometimes just a random funny one too. Today I decided to switch the header pic since mosquitos are such a hot-button issue; for the record Aletha, I don't like mosquitos much at all, although you're going to hate me a little bit when I tell you this but they don't like me much either. Two minutes outside and Pete is a mess of little red dots and is waving his arms frantically and crying about wanting to go back inside while I am bite-free and will be all summer. As my sis-in-law Emily says, "don't hate, appreciate".

I thought a picture of some delicious creamy sweetness, aka ice cream, would be so fitting for our current state of the buurstra freezer: 3, count them t-h-r-e-e, tubs of ice cream. They were on sale and we were hungry while grocery shopping. All three sounded too good to live without.

But when I went to Google Images to search for the perfect online image of ice cream what did find? The picture above which was labeled:

S*atan's Ice Cream Truck

and I busted out laughing. And man, did I need it.

Today has proved to be a "Calgon take me away" kind of day when it comes to being a Mommy. And while I'm not looking for sympathy cause I know it happens to every Mom or Dad, and will more than likely happen again in my lifetime, I will give a stern warning to uninformed parents out there: just so you know warm baths and babies who haven't um, well, "taken care of business" yet DON'T MIX. No one told me that and I have paid the price TWICE now. Heed my warning. Cause I don't know about you all, but I HATE p, double O, p. And there is nothing I can appreciate about that.

Thank goodness for full strength bleach, rubber gloves, a strong cup of black coffee, a now sleeping baby (who was uber-cranky this morning on top of it all, and the internet to give me a good chuckle right when I need it.

BTW, we have decided that we will call this the "music truck", and I use the word music very loosely in this context, many thanks to Bryan and Erika VanHaitsma for this idea. We are entirely creeped out when these trucks begin their rounds in our neighborhood and trust me when I say they look EXACTLY like this picture. My son will NEVER eat ice cream from one of these trucks. And this is a "never" that I will stick to, unlike when I said that my child will never scream at the top of his lungs in Target, or have a temper tantrum in the cart at Target, or appear in public with food, etc. stuck on his face. At Target. (I'm sensing a theme...maybe he hates Target? Is this humanly possible?)

On to the rest of my day, wish me luck.

(*I have to give the website I linked to credit for the photo, but I also wanted to state that I didn't do any research as to what this person believes or endorses on their blog so that is my disclaimer. Enjoy the pic only, then close the window.)

UPDATE: Jessica has asked why ice cream trucks are so scary. I'll share my thoughts but I'd like to see if anyone out there agrees with me first...post your thoughts in a comment.

6 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

you really crack me up (especially with the posting over at short stop) but i don't know why ice cream trucks are so creepy. can you explain??

Kelli Bacon said...

I think they're kind of creepy because the people who tend to drive them are a bit sketchy. And they're marketing to little kids. Seems fishy to me.

L-Town Rollers said...

Yeah, so the person buying the ice cream totally looks like Kurt and the guy in the black trench like a pedophile trying to see what he could buy Kurt to lure him back to HIS van.

At least in the small pic. After following the link, I can see it is a child standing up on the curb but had a good laugh just the same.

I can count on one hand how many times I ate something from these trucks, until I purchased one and got into a turf war with the Happy Snow cartel...wait, no that was Homer Simpson. Never mind. :-)

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Oh boy. I am jealous! And this story about ice cream cracks me up. I'm totally a Hudsonville ice cream snob. My husband gets annoyed with me--but if he brings home an "off brand" such as Edy's or Breyer's, I get sad. HA!

I also think ice cream trucks are super shady...

Looking forward to MEETING you :) I'm hoping Jessica + Josh can make it!

the blad pad said...

You. Crack. Me. Up.

One thing I have learned as a parent: Never say Never. Always comes back to bite you in the you-know-what.

So sorry to hear about the bath and the P-double O (as we call it around here). Been there, done that. . . and then made my poor, loving husband do the dirty work.

Erika said...

Glad we could help name the "music truck." Wasn't the discussion about ice cream trucks being freaky bc a "chester the molester" type always seems to be driving them?? I don't think they're incredibly creepy myself but who knows these days :)