We leave for Mexico in 9 days and I've made great strides in packing and feeling more at ease about our trip. Thanks to Maren and my mother-in-law, I think everything will be ok. :)
The guest room is chock full of clothes, sunscreen, passports, snacks, and other necessities that I somehow have to fit into 3 or 4 bags. My plan today is to gather my shoes to bring, and this will not take long. Usually I would have MANY pairs to match outfits and moods, but for this trip I am limiting myself to just a few pairs. It pains me just to type that but heck, I'm going for relaxation and relaxation only. A pair of flip flops will do.
Pete is really excited to introduce Grayson to the pool and sand. I am fine with the first but not so excited about the latter but Pete assures me EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. I don't know where this psycho-momness is coming from, really!, I just get anxious about stuff. Maybe it's because I know that sand in the eyes HURTS and that it doesn't taste too good either, and that it sticks to every available square inch of a wet child and that my child (that will be covered in sand) doesn't know not to rub his eyes or put his hand in his mouth with sand adhered to his body. Oh, I better stop or I'll talk myself right out of beach-Grayson introductions until he is about 10.
I'm pretty sure Kara is laughing her hiney off at me behind my back. I was so laid back about everything pre-baby. And then in the hospital, when I was giddy on adrenaline and said I wanted to have 6 more babies, they implanted this microchip in my brain that makes me not so laid back about everything. I know it is just because I want to protect Grayson from any and every kind of harm, no matter how minute. But come on, get a grip. Sand? Really? It doesn't burn or cut or bite. He'll live. I know this. Yet I can't stop thinking about it and thinking about it and thinking about it...enter thoughts of a margarita or Corona. Sand? What? Sure, let's take him to the beach! :)
We are REALLY looking forward to the warmth and the sunshine and the LACK OF COLD AND SNOW that is Michigan right now. Although this weather STINKS it reminds me of every winter growing up in Minnesota so really people-be glad, be very very glad. Negative temps with a windchill was standard daily fare and we would just grin and bear it. Why? Because we were Minnesoooooooooooooootans, that's why.
Anyways, on a completely seperate note I am way jealous that the Telman's figured out how to post video to their blog. Pete wasn't having it either and spent part of the weekend trying to figure it out-obviously he hasn't yet but I have hope. We have some really cute video of Grayson and his love of cheese that we hope to share real soon. In the meantime, if you desire to get a chuckle from some kids you don't even know check out this website I stole from Jeff's list, click on Charlie bit me. I hope that our friends' son, Ben, will end up with a British accent. Wouldn't that just be dandy?
Stay warm out there!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, have a great time in Mexico. I am envious that you're getting a break from the cold. Have fun and enjoy Grayson! and Pete too :)
yay for mexico and sun and sand! yes, load up on the margaritas and let your son play in it! he'll love it i'm sure.
but i hate to break it to you... they didn't implant the microchip in in the hospital. i remember a pregnant julie telling me she wasn't sure she ever wanted someone to hold her baby once it was born!
Post a Comment