Yesterday Pete and I got out in the afternoon for a matinee and a bite to eat for "date afternoon". We saw Into The Wild and wow!-it was REALLY good. We would highly recommend it-what an interesting story. Great soundtrack and cinematography too.
It made me consider what kind of a mother I want to be to Grayson, and any other future buurstra babies, when they grow up. I believe we bring children into this world not to limit them for our own selfish reasons, but to let them grow and experience this wonderful world and all it has to offer. And to let them be their own person-who ever that ends up being. And to love them unconditionally in the process. A difficult task?? I imagine so.
A very real and natural mothering instinct takes over and wants to shelter and protect to a fault, I have experienced this already in only 10 months of motherhood-I can only imagine what life with a driving teenager will be like! But I want to "tattoo" this on my mind and heart that I need to let go of some of those strongholds I will have on my children and let them live as they need to live-whether I like it or not. I will challenge myself to limit my control/influence of what they do, who they are, what they want in life, and let them become who God created them to be.
Pete and I talked about many aspects of this movie for a while afterwards over subs at Jimmy Johns (yum!). It inspired Pete to be more adventurous and he hopes to take a "man trip" with Grayson someday-of course not to the same caliber as the guy in the movie. But one where they can bond as father-son, Creator-creation, and I cant wait to hear the stories.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Don't you love it when you pour your heart out and no one comments?
God it makes me feel so loved. :)
I didn't mean you had to comment on my blog...just was pointing out that nobody had responded to your great post.
Thanks anyways...I haven't had anything too funny lately, but Kurt is coming to town next week so I'm sure there will be plenty of material.
I think it depends on your security settings. I think there is one on there that you can add friends of friends or something like that. Might want to check there first, otherwise I have no idea.
Post a Comment